You can either click the Donate button above to donate online via card
or mail contributions, letters and other snail mail to:
Vote Red Arnold
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
Every little bit helps. $1000 goes a long way but so does $10, believe it or not. Just as every vote matters, so does every contribution.
Questions, comments and concerns can be relegated to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I welcome any and all information on pressing, and even not so pressing issues. I will address via video those which I have time to and which I feel need the most attention or have an overwhelming concerned citizen base. I will consider any and all reasonable matters. Those which are more communally specific I will try to respond personally.
There are certain rules pertaining to contributions.
Below are some rules from the Elections/Ethics Commission website.
Certain Required Contributor Information. (from the GAB/now the Elections & Ethics Commisions site)
For all contributors giving over $10, you must disclose the individuals name and address. This is why a check sent in a simple envelope with the donor’s name & return address already on the envelope is a perfect way to make a contribution to the campaign.
If the individual’s year-to-date total exceeds $200, you must also provide the occupation.
The Ethics Commision requires this to ensure you’re a real person (if they ask).
Rules and regulations on donations can be found in the links below. Please read these PDFs before donating:
Here are the main points regarding campaign contributions:
Certain contributions are prohibited by Wisconsin law (from the Ethics Commseion site). A candidate’s campaign may not accept the following types of contributions:
Limit for State Senate is $2000/person per election cycle.
Couples wishing to donate the maximum are encouraged to write 2 separate $2000 checks for 2 reasons:
- It avoids any confusion and absolutely specifies the amount per person so your candidate does not have to go through any legitimate or malicious legal struggles convey to the powers that be everything is correct.
- Although it may be a little extra work on your part it does make is easier for the Treasurer to enter the contributions into the ledger and keep everything in order so as to not run into any aforementioned finance catastrophes down the road. Candidates have stepped down in order to “do the right thing” only to be exonerated later on with the seat going to an opponent. Anything that limits impedance to conservative victory should be adhered to if we have the opportunity to do so. However, couples who chose to contribute together and use the same check can do so if both or their names are on the check and the indication of “Both” or “Donation from both of us” is put into the memo column. This is not optimal but 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
- You may donate multiple times. You may donate $1 as many as 2000 times but you cannot eclipse the maximum contribution amount. If you are a couple that are willing to donate and are certain that you will not exceed the maximum contribution amount, simply make sure that both names appear on the check and that you write “Both” or “Donation from both of us” in the memo space.
- Single donors or single donors with with 2 names on the check can donate the $4000 maximum.
- If there are 2 names on the check and it is written for $4000 then both parties whose name is on the check must consent to the contribution. “Vote Red Arnold” is not liable for donations received in this particular instance. Please make sure that both parties are consenting of the donation and the donation amount.
What is an election cycle?
When an election is held then the first day of the month AFTER the month AFTER an election is the start of the new cycle. e.g. A November special election maximum donation given before the election date, the next cycle begins January 1st. December is the month after so it would be the first day of the following month. If a special election is held in December then the election cycle starts again on February 1st. This election is in November so the next election cycle begins January 1st, 2015. That is when I may begin receiving another round of $2000 per person for the November 2018 State Senate regular election.
Helpful Numbers & Websites Directory
Social Security… (800) 772-1213
Telemarketing No Call List… (866) 966-2255
Badger Rx Gold (Prescription Drugs)… (866) 809-9382
BadgerCare+ Insurance… (800) 362-3002
Identity Theft Hotline/Privacy Protection… (800) 422-7128
Aging & Long Term Care/Medigap Helpline… (800) 242-1060
Consumer Protection… (800) 422-7128
Department of Revenue… (800) 227-4000
SeniorCare Insurance… (800) 657-2038
Tourism & Travel… (800) 432-8747
Unclaimed Property Program… (877) 699-9211
Unemployment Compensation… (800) 494-4944
Wisconsin DNR … (888) 936-7463
Wisconsin DMV… (#s) http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/contact.htm
Wisconsin Humane Society… Numbers on Home Page
State of Wisconsin
Who Are My Legislators?
Red Arnold… (414) 979-1632
U.S. House of Representatives Switchboard (202) 224-3121
U.S. Senate Switchboard (202) 225-3121